Ready to take your steak game to the next level? We promise- this delicious flank steak recipe will NOT disappoint.
- 2lb flank steak
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Chipotle Cherry Sauce
- 1 cup Sunrise Fresh dried cherries
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar – or sub brown sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic cloves, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the flank steak and let it marinade for 30 minutes to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- once the marinade time is up, remove from the refrigerator and let sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking.
- While your steak marinades, make the Chipotle Cherry Glaze Flake Sauce: Combine the cherries, 1 cup water, chipotle peppers, and coconut sugar into a small saucepan over medium heat. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer. The cherries should be breaking down and the mixture will begin to thicken. After about 10 minutes, use an immersion blender to break up the cherries and create almost a jam-like texture. It’s okay if there are still cherry pieces in there. Return to the heat and add another ½ cup water. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat to cool.
- Preheat the grill to 425 degrees. Place the flank steak on the grill and cook for 2minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes. After flipping the steak the first time, use a basting brush to brush on some of the glaze, but not too much-just a little to caramelize while the steak cooks. Repeat this step, cooking 1-2 minutes per side until you reach the desired doneness. (Cook 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare-medium. Note, if your piece of meat is thinner, keep an eye on it. If it’s thicker, it may need more time.)
- After the flank steak is done, remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Slice and garnish with the rest of the sauce, fresh parsley, and smoked sea salt if desired.
Pour your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy!
Did you try it out?? Let us know what you think below!