Candied Peaches & Walnuts
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup Sunrise Fresh Dried Peaches, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 cups arugula
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 6oz prosciutto
- 8oz mozzarella pearls
- 3 fresh peaches, sliced
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. spread the walnuts onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Heat a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat and add the coconut sugar, water and salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes or until the coconut sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture has slightly thickened.
- Add the toasted walnuts and Sunrise Fresh dried peaches to the skillet and toss to coat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the candied walnuts and peaches onto a lined baking sheet. Let cool and then place in the refrigerator or freezer for about 15 minutes to harden before assembling the salad.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula, olive oil, lemon juice and some freshly cracked black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Break the prosciutto up in pieces and toss onto the arugula, followed by the mozzarella pearls, and peach slices. Sprinkle the salad with the desired amount of candied walnuts and peaches.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of balsamic glaze and serve immediately.