“It is so easy to make, very little work and I had all of the ingredients without having to shop ahead. And the flavor, you guys, the flavor is SO good. Of course, most of us would agree that homemade food is better than store bought, but there are some very good pre-made granolas out there; so I don’t say this lightly, this is the best granola I’ve ever tasted!! If you have 5 minutes, that’s all you need for this easy, delicious, vegan, gluten-free granola!”
-Julie, The Cooking Ginger
- One cup of rolled oats (optional- GF)
- 1/4 cup of pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/8 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- A pinch of salt
- One snack packet of Sunrise Fresh dried pears, or 1/4 cup dried pears cut into bite-size pieces
- In a bowl, stir together all the ingredients but the pears.
- Spread on a cookie sheet, press together firmly with your hands to help it stick together and make those nice clusters.
- Bake at 325°F for 15-20 minutes until fragrant.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle the pears and another drizzle of maple syrup over the top and press them in firmly (again to help it stick together into clusters).
- Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes. Let cool, if you can wait that long!
Use as a smoothie topping, oatmeal topping, or eat it on its own with almond milk- so good!