When the weather starts heating up, there's nothing better than an ice cold glass of lemonade... well, maybe Cherry lemonade is better!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, about 4 lemons
- 2 cups ice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup dried cherry compote, chilled
Dried Cherry Compote
- 1 cup Sunrise Fresh Dried Cherries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Place dried cherries in a bowl and cover with cool water. Let soak for about one hour to soften up. Drain water from cherries, then place in a food processor. Pulse 5-10 seconds to chop.
- In a small saucepan, add the drained cherries, water and honey. Bring to a low boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes until slightly thickened. Let cool and chill completely before using in frozen lemonade.
- In a blender, add the lemon juice, ice, water, and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop 2 tbsp of cherry compote into two serving glasses. Top with frozen lemonade and enjoy!