Looking for a fun 4th of July recipe that everyone will enjoy? Look no further- this will be a sure hit!
- 1 box vanilla cake mix of choice
- 8 oz mascarpone
- 16oz heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Sunrise Fresh Dried Blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Make the cake according to package directions in a 9 x 13 pan. Once done, let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to ship the mascarpone, heavy cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract until still peaks form. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- In another bowl, add the dried blueberries, raspberries, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Let marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Assemble the mini trifles in personal-sized serving dishes. Alternatively, make one big one to serve a big group!
- Cut the cake into bite sized pieces and add to the bottom of the serving glasses. Top with a generous scoop of the mascarpone cream, and finish with the berry topping.
- Serve immediately or cover in the fridge until ready to serve.