- 2/3 cup Sunrise Fresh Dried Apples
- 1 store-bought flatbread pizza dough
- 8 slices bacon, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 8oz gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Honey to drizzle
- Red pepper flakes to serve- optional
- Place the dried apples in a bowl and cover them with warm water. Let rehydrate for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to the pizza dough's package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the sliced bacon and sliced shallot. Cook for about 5 minutes r until the bacon is crispy and golden. Remove onto a lined plate to drain any excess fat. Set aside.
- Drain and dry the re-hydrated apples. Place onto a cutting board and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and roll the dough into a large rectangle on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil and minced garlic on top of the dough and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the gouda and goat cheese evenly over the crust, followed by spreading the rehydrated apple pieces evenly over the cheese.
- Finish by spreading the cooked shallot and bacon over the apples. Bake according to package directions (usually around 15 minutes) until the crust is cooked through & golden brown and the cheese bubbling.
- Drizzle the cooked pizza with honey and sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired.
**Note: baking time and thickness of pizza may vary depending on the type of dough you use.