- 4-6 large slices of sourdough bread
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups Sunrise Fresh Dried Cherries, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 large basil leaves, chopped
- Candied pecan pieces
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Flaky sea salt to serve
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Once hot, place the sliced sourdough onto the grill. Grill for about 1-2 minutes per side until toasted and charred but not burnt. This will add flavor. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, add the ricotta to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to ship the ricotta on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add the cherries, balsamic and basil. Toss and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- To serve, spread a generous amount of the whipped ricotta onto a slice of toast. Follow with a generous spoonful of the balsamic cherries.
- Garnish with candied pecan pieces, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of flaky sea salt.