Spring is upon us and Summer is coming, and one of our favorite dishes to enjoy are healthy, hearty salads! This salad is one is sure to impress, and is also easy to adjust to make your salad dreams come true.
- 1/4 Cup Sunrise Fresh Dried Pears
- 1/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Water to consistency
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Rehydrate pears by placing in a bowl and covering with cool water. Allow to soak for 30-45 minutes, until slightly tender.
- Once rehydrated, strain the pears
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a high speed blender; rehydrated pears, olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and 2tbsp water. Blend until smooth. If needed, thin out with 1 tbsp more water at a time.
- Taste, adjusting to add more salt and pepper and/or water to consistency. Blend again.
- In a large bowl, toss mixed greens, crumbled bacon, chopped pecans, crumbled goal cheese, sliced red onion and tomatoes.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss again.
- Enjoy immediately!