Is there anything better than indulging in a warm, fresh out-of-the-oven muffin? We think not! Unless of course, it's a Sunrise Fresh Dried Cherry Almond Muffin!
Prep a big batch of these little bundles of joy to enjoy all week long.
Ingredients - makes 6-8 muffins
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Sunrise Fresh Dried Cherries, chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with 6-8 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, bat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer for about 1 minute until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla, and almond extract and beat again until combined. Pour in the milk and beat again.
- Gently fold in the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. Pour the cherries and fold again.
- Pour the batter into the muffin liners and sprinkle the slivered almonds on top. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool and garnish with powdered sugar if desired.